I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Monday 17 September 2012

How to make cupcakes

Not to long ago I posted about cupcakes. I make cupcakes a lot and I love them here is the recipe I use to make these awesome treats.............................








Ingredients

125g butter, room temperature
1 cup  White Sugar
1 ¼ cups self raising flour
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pinch of salt

Icing
¾ cup  Icing Sugar
5g butter
1 tablespoon boiling water

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 12 x ½ cup capacity cupcake tin.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat for ten minutes or until smooth.
3. Divide mixture between prepared cake tin and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cakes spring back to the touch.
4. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. For icing, sieve icing sugar into a bowl, ensuring to remove any lumps. Place butter and boiling water in a small bowl and mix until butter has melted. Pour into icing sugar, a little at a time and stirring well between each addition until icing reached the desired consistency.
6. Spread icing sugar over cupcakes and decorate with icing flowers and edible glitter if desired.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.